Service Trips & Service Clubs
Our Collingwood students want to be global citizens as well as local stewards and community partners. With these roles in mind, our Service strand seeks to instill in our students a sense of awareness of social and environmental issues in our local and global communities through a balanced program. At Wentworth, this program includes:
- A Service Learning approach, where students’ inquiry into social and environmental issues is supported through academic concepts and ongoing reflection.
- Community partnerships with local organizations, which allow students to develop an understanding of community issues such as ecological preservation, senior isolation, food insecurity, and equal access to recreation. These partnerships are essential in giving students the opportunity to interact with individuals in our community, and to be equal agents of change.
- Leadership and volunteering initiatives, which stress the important value of serving the school community. Our students are heavily involved with the organization and execution of important parts of our program, such as weekly assemblies, representing the school through the Admissions Ambassadors program, and recycling initiatives, amongst others.
I need the sea because it teaches me.” - Pablo Neruda
A small group (12 students) of Young Round Square students from Wentworth travel to the Palisades Stewardship Education Centre in Jasper National Park for a leadership training, team building and service project conference. This trip is an annual event that takes place in the fall and is available to dedicated and passionate Young Round Square members.
Visit here for more information on Young Round Square.
- Backpack Buddies
- Soup kitchen
- Round Square
- Admissions Ambassador
- Thunderbird Mentoring
- Moderators and Time Keepers
- Library Volunteers
- Stream Keepers
Belize Service Project 2018
Visit the Belize information portal here for all the details regarding the Belize Service Project trip in November 2018. This trip is for students currently in grade 9, 10 or 11.
- Poja Prayer Ceremony to bless the new project
- Bollywood Dancing Lessons
- Visit to Rankakpur Temple
- Samosa Making
- Morning Yoga
RSIS Big Build Ecuador
July 8, 2018 to July 22, 2018
This project has been specially designed for Round Square students (16 years and over) looking to participate in a unique International Service project and are returning to their school after the trip. This project offers students the opportunity to make new friends, grow as a leader, experience a new culture and give back to a community that is in much need of help.
Visit here for more information.