Collingwood School values the relationship we have with our neighbours and strives to foster positive communication between the school and the local neighbourhood community. We strive to pursue excellence as responsible members of the community, whether we are the students, staff or families of Collingwood. In the spirit of good neighbourliness, we endeavour to:
- provide open and effective communication regarding issues and activities that may directly impact the neighbourhood
- promote good neighbour practices
- minimize impacts on the neighbourhood reflect and respect the objectives of Collingwood School, the District of West Vancouver, and our neighbours.
Traffic and Parking Management Plan
The most significant issue for our neighbours is the amount of traffic, particularly during school drop-off and pick-up times, the queuing on the roads immediately leading to each school campus (Wentworth and Morven), and the amount of parking on local streets. Our commitment for traffic is to:
- aggressively promote school bus transportation with our families
- provide our staff with free bus passes
- communication regularly with parents to remind them about alternate modes of transportation, traffic protocols for drop-off and pick-up, and our parking protocols
- operate a one-way only pick up and drop off route in the mornings and afternoons at our Morven Campus
- operate a one-way drop-off and pick route for mornings and afternoons at our Wentworth Campus
- support a “Resident Only” parking policy on Chairlift Road (Wentworth Campus) and to continue to implement the “Collingwood No Parking Zone” (Morven Campus) during school hours by ensuring that there is on-site parking for all school employees, and all visitors
- to support local By-Law officials to monitor parking on adjacent streets to ensure compliance
- continue to explore off-site parking options with shuttle bus service for students and staff to help reduce traffic and parking in the immediate neighbourhood, especially during special events
- evaluating the Traffic and Management Parking Plan annually
Extra-Curricular Field Use
Collingwood School offers a number of extra-curricular activities including many athletic programs. As a non-profit institution, the School has entered into some rental agreements for our field with third party sports organizations. We are committed to ensuring that these organizations:
- Do not end practises after 7:00pm Monday through Friday, or past 5:00pm on Saturdays. We have a further expectation that they will vacate the premises entirely within 30 minutes of their end time.
- Do not use whistles
Collingwood School pledges that Sunday is our neighbour day, a sacred day for our neighbours to enjoy quiet time in the community, or to use our field with their own families.
We pledge to not rent out our field on Sundays for this reason.
If you have any questions, or concerns, please contact:
Director, Communications and Neighbourhood Liaison Officer
MORVEN 604.925.3331 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
WENTWORTH 604.925.8375 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
OFF SCHOOL PROPERTY TRAFFIC CONCERNSIf the concern is regarding an illegally parked car, neighbours are encouraged to report the vehicle directly to the City of West Vancouver’s parking enforcement office at 604-925-7152 for prompt action.
If the concern involves a moving vehicle, such one doing an illegal u-turn or speeding, neighbours are encouraged to contact the West Vancouver Police Department’s non-emergency line at 604-925-7300.