Thank you for your interest in Collingwood School. Our intake years are Junior Kindergarten (JK), Kindergarten (K), Grade 3, and Grade 8. We accept online applications for all other grades; however, please note that space is limited.
- Step 1 - Learn about Collingwood
- Step 2 - Online Application & Deadlines
- Step 3 - Required Application Documents
- Step 4 - Assessments
- Step 5 - Interviews
- Step 6 - Decisions
Explore our website to learn about Collingwood’s academic program, athletics, arts, and service opportunities.
Visit us during one of our Open Houses or contact us to schedule a private tour to learn more about our programs and see our students and teachers in action.
Visit our Applicant Portal to submit an application. The fee is $200 per applicant and is payable online by VISA or MasterCard.
2020-2021 Application Deadlines:
Junior Kindergarten (birth year 2016) & Kindergarten (birth year 2015) - October 15, 2019
Grades 1-12 - January 15, 2020
Financial Aid is available for applicants to Grade 6-12 whose families complete an online application and demonstrate financial need.
All required documents must be uploaded to your child's application by the deadline.
- final report cards from the past two years (for applicants to Grades 3-12)
- 2019-2020 Fall report card (for applicants to Grades 1-12)
- applicant's birth certificate
- applicant's CDN immigration document (if not born in Canada)
- parents' CDN citizenship documents (ie: CDN birth certificate, CDN passport, PR Card, CDN Work Permit, etc.)
- financial letter of reference (a letter from the parents' bank indicating their ability to pay annual tuition fees)
- SSAT (for mainstream applicants to Grades 6-12)
- Character Skills Snapshot (for mainstream and KEY applicants to Grades 6-12)
Please note: in order to be fair and equitable to all applicants, only the required documents will be reviewed. Please do not provide any items such as reference letters, certificates, or additional photos/videos. These items will not be considered.
Junior Kindergarten and Kindergarten:
All families who submit a completed JK or K application by the October 15, 2019 application deadline will receive an invitation for their child to attend a Readiness Assessment Session in October or November.
Please note that for these non-intake grades, Entry Assessments are only held on an as-needed basis where space may become available following our annual Re-Registration.
All applicants with a completed application who meet our preliminary admissions requirements will be invited to campus to attend an Assessment Session in January (Gr. 4-5) or February (Gr. 3).
All mainstream applicants are required to write the SSAT, and all applicants (mainstream and KEY) must write the Character Skills Snapshot assessment. Applicants are encouraged to write these required tests before the Winter Break to ensure we receive their official results prior to our January 15, 2020 application deadline.
2019-2020 SSAT DATES AT COLLINGWOOD SCHOOL
Saturday, November 16, 2019
Saturday, December 14, 2019
Monday, April 20, 2020 (for late applicants only)
Please contact SSAT directly regarding registering for both assessments and any other SSAT-related questions.