Collingwood School offers a needs-based financial aid program to support incoming and enrolled students in Grade 6 - 12 whose families complete an online application and demonstrate financial need.
At Collingwood School, we believe that children who satisfy the entrance requirements for Grade 6-12 and who have the desire to be contributing members to our school community and beyond should have the opportunity to benefit from our enriched programs, exceptional teaching Faculty, and outstanding facilities. An independent school education does come at a significant cost, and for families who demonstrate financial need, we will provide support for your children to realize the benefits of a Collingwood education and help prepare them for meaningful lives.
Additional expenses such as the purchase of a Collingwood uniform, school bus transportation, a laptop, school supplies, books, AP exam fees, instrument rental, athletic gear, trips & tours, graduation expenses, a yearbook and more may also be covered through Collingwood’s program of financial assistance.
Collingwood is committed to promoting an inclusive, socioeconomically diverse community, reflective of residents of the North Shore and the Lower Mainland.
Our financial aid program removes barriers for qualified applicant families so that they may apply to Collingwood without incurring associated application and acceptance costs including:
- $120 – online application fee for Financial Aid through Apple Financial Services (deadline to apply: January 8, 2021)
- $200 – online application fee for admission to Collingwood School (deadline to apply: January 15, 2021)
- $195 – registration fee for Secondary School Admissions Test (SSAT: official results must be received by the Admissions Office by the January 15, 2021 admission deadline)
- $3,000 – New Student Fee to be paid upon acceptance to Collingwood School (initial Offers of Enrolment are made in late February, and this fee is required at time of acceptance to secure your child’s place)
Most families receiving financial support from Collingwood School:
- own or rent on the North Shore
- are a single or two-income household
- own or lease one or two standard vehicles
- have modest annual expenses
- are Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents
- want their children to have access to an exceptional education and outstanding school community
All Financial Assistance for the upcoming 2020-2021 School year has already been awarded.
Applications for Financial Assistance for the 2021-2022 school year will be available September 1, 2020.
|Current Grade 5-11 Collingwood Students - December 1, 2021|
|New external applicants to Grade 6-12 to Collingwood School - January 8, 2021|
|Financial Aid Timeline|
Find out more about applying for Financial Aid here.
Please contact our Director of Financial Aid, Janis Clark, at 604.925.3331 (Ext 2293) or email@example.com /FinancialAid@collingwood.org for more information and to find out whether your family qualifies for financial assistance.