Our intake years are Junior Kindergarten (JK), Kindergarten (K), Grade 3, and Grade 8. We accept online applications for all other grades; however, please note that space is limited.
DEADLINES TO APPLY FOR 2019-2020Junior Kindergarten (JK) and Kindergarten (K) Deadline
October 15, 2018
Grades 1-12 Deadline
January 15, 2019
2018-2019 SSAT DATES AT COLLINGWOOD SCHOOL
November 17, 2018 December 8, 2018 April 16, 2019 (for late applicants only)
2019-2020 Tuition Fees
Collingwood School provides financial assistance for applicants to Grade 6-12 whose families complete an online application and demonstrate financial need. Visit www.applefinancialservices.ca to apply or contact our Director of Enrolment & Financial Aid, firstname.lastname@example.org / 604.925.3331 (Ext. 2293) or email FinancialAid@Collingwood.org for more information. Application deadline: January 8, 2019.
|Mainstream Tuition Fees||Base Fees|
Junior Kindergarten Curriculum
JK+ Full-Time Curriculum
Our JK+ Program offers the option to extend your child's JK experience to three, four or five full days per week.
|8:45am - 11:45am||JK||JK||JK||JK||JK|
|11:45am - 2:30pm||JK+||JK||JK||JK+||JK+|
|Kindergarten to Grade 12 Mainstream Tuition Fees||Base Fees|
|Kindergarten to Grade 5||$21,450|
|Grades 6 to 9||$23,850|
|Grades 10 to 12||$25,500|
|Key Program Tuition Fees||Base Fees|
|Grade 3 KEY transition||$27,600|
|Junior KEY Grades 4 to 5||$34,450|
|Middle School KEY Grades 6 to 9||$35,100|
|Senior School KEY Grades 10 to 12||$37,400|
Learn more about our Key Program
- 1. Non-qualifying Student Grant - $3,000
- 2. One time, non-refundable New Student Admission Fee - $2,500
The above fees are dependent on the School receiving the per student operating grant from the province of BC. Were this grant not to be received, fees would be increased accordingly.
- All families who submit a completed JK or K application by the October 15, 2018 deadline will receive an invitation for their child to attend an Assessment Session in October or November.
- For our other two intake years, Grade 3 and Grade 8, all families who submit a completed application by the deadline will be contacted by the Admissions Office following the January 15, 2019 deadline.
- For all other grades, where space is available, families who submit a completed application by the January 15, 2019 application deadline will be contacted by the Admissions Office.
- All mainstream applicants to Grade 6-12 are required to write the SSAT, and all applicants (mainstream and KEY) to Grades 6-12 must write the Character Skills Snapshot assessment. Applicants are encouraged to write these required tests prior to the Winter Break to ensure we receive their official results prior to our January 15, 2019 application deadline. Applicants who meet the preliminary requirements will be contacted to arrange a personal interview in February.
- Online Application Form
- New Family Application Fee CDN$250
- Required Application Documents
- Recommendation Forms (for applicants to Grades 1-12)
- SSAT Entrance Exam (for mainstream applicants to Grades 6-12)
- Character Skills Snapshot (for mainstream and KEY applicants to Grades 6-12)
The New Family Application Fee (NFAF) is applicable to new families only, and is required upon completion of your first child's application. Subsequent sibling applications will be exempt from paying the NFAF. The NFAF is non-refundable and valid for two consecutive academic years and is payable by Visa/MasterCard.
All applicants will be required to upload the following documents:
- applicant's birth certificate
- applicant's CDN immigration document (if not born in Canada)
- applicant's medical insurance (BC CareCard, BC Services Card or other medical insurance)
- parents' CDN citizenship documents (ie: CDN birth certificate, CDN passport, PR Card, CDN Work Permit, etc.)
- parents' BC residency status - FORM A
- supporting BC residency document (to confirm your BC household address, such as a current utility bill - phone, hydro, water; property tax notice, rental agreement, etc.)
- financial letter of reference (a letter from the parents' bank indicating their ability to pay annual tuition fees)
- 2017-2018 final June report card (for applicants to Grades 1-12)
- 2018-2019 first term report card (for applicants to Grades 1-12)
Teacher Recommendation Forms
Two academic Teacher Recommendation Forms are required for all Grades 1-12 applicants. This confidential form can be accessed and requested through the application portal. The form is to be completed by your child's current classroom teachers or previous year's classroom teachers. It is recommended that you contact your child's teachers in advance.
Non-Academic Recommendation Form
One Non-Academic Recommendation Form is required for all Grade 1-12 applicants. This confidential form can be accessed and requested through the application portal, and is to be completed by a non-relative adult in a position of leadership. This may include a non-academic coach, instructor, activity leader, counsellor, music teacher, etc. This form may not be completed by the applicant's academic tutor.
All mainstream Grade 6-12 applicants must write the SSAT exam prior to the application deadline. KEY Program applicants are exempt from writing the SSAT. Applicants are encouraged to write this required exam prior to the Winter Break to ensure we receive their official results prior to our January 15, 2019 application deadline.
All applicants (mainstream and KEY) to Grades 6-12 must write the Character Skills Snapshot assessment prior to the application deadline. Applicants are encouraged to write this required exam prior to the Winter Break to ensure we receive their official results prior to our January 15, 2019 application deadline.