- Parent Conference – Friday, October 27th
- Grade Wide Coffee Mornings
- Full Summary of Parents' Council Events
The format for coffee mornings this year has changed! Rather than having each class organize their own individual meetings, Parents’ Council will be hosting grade wide coffee mornings. This will be your opportunity to meet the parents in your class, learn about the new and exciting initiatives this year, sign up for volunteer opportunities and ask any questions you may have about the coming year.
Important Note: Spring Fair Collections at ALL coffee mornings
Collingwood's Closet and New-To-You Sporting Goods will be back at this year's Spring Fair offering high-end, new-to-you fashions and sporting goods for the whole family. Collections start early this year with bins at ALL grade wide coffee mornings.
|Collingwood's Closet donation suggestions:||New-to-You Sporting Goods donation suggestions:|
All items are collected, sorted and sold by volunteer parents like you.
Please ensure donated items are very gently used or in new or excellent condition.
|Monday, January 29, 2018||Jk & K||8:45 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.|
|Monday, January 29, 2018||Grades 1 & 2||10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.||Wentworth FSC|
|Thursday, February 1, 2018||Grades 10 & 11||8:45 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.||Hollyburn Country Club|
|Friday, February 2, 2018||Grades 8 & 9||8:45 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.||Hollyburn Country Club|
|Monday, February 5, 2018||Grades 4 & 5||8:45 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.||Wentworth FSC|
|Monday, February 5, 2018||Grades 6 & 7||10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.||Wentworth FSC|
|Wednesday, February 7, 2018||Grade 3||8:45 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.||Wentworth FSC|
The scholastic book fair will return to the Wentworth library in 2018.This is a wonderful opportunity to add to your library at home. There are publications for every reading level, including teens, so Morven families are encouraged to drop by too.
This year’s Festive Craft day took place on Friday, December 15th, 2017. Festive Craft Day allows students in Kindergarten through Grade 3 the opportunity to make a special craft to take home and present to their parents, family or someone special in their life. For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Collingwood Spring Fair will be Parents’ Council's biggest community and fund raising event of this school year. We hope you will join us in making it our biggest success ever!
The ways in which you can get involved are endless, but we have listed a few for your consideration:
- Join a Team: Convenors are now in place for most of our events but they still need teams to help in the preparation for the big day.
- Patron an Event: View your invitation to be a Patron of the Fair here. Promotional opportunities and tax receipts available for both businesses and families.
- Participate in Blitz Weeks - Is it time to start your Spring Cleaning? The Collingwood Closet, Sports Stop and Bottle Drive will happily take your gently used clothing & accessories, sporting goods (no helmets or skis please) & bottled goods!! Collection of clothing, accessories and sporting goods will be accepted curbside at morning drop off during our Blitz dates: Monday March 12th through Wednesday March 14th; and Monday April 16th through Wednesday April 18th.
The Bottle Drive collection will take place on Friday April 20th.
- Volunteer for the Fair Date: Each convenor will need a team of volunteers for the day of the event and set up. Watch for the google doc to be available for sign up in the new year.
- Come to the Fair: Bring your friends, your families, your neighbours too! We will be opening up the fair this year to the North Shore Community - to raise funds, raise awareness of our school and raise our community spirit.
Meet our Spring Fair Co-chairs - Dani Fenton and Ashley Bauman
Did you know that Dani is an alumni who attended Collingwood from Gr 4- 12 back when Morven was a campus from K-12? She graduated from Collingwood in 1996 where some of her fondest memories include attending the Spring Fair where her mother, Vivian Bester, volunteered year after year. Ashley’s husband, Dave Bauman, is also a former Cavalier, who’s mother, Sue Bauman, was a Spring Fair devotee. The annual events were eagerly anticipated and attended from residents all over West Van, with long lineups winding out the front door. And now, a generation later, Bean and Ben Fenton (Gr 2 and K) , and Jackson Bauman (K) are sure to have amazing memories of their moms organizing this cherished Collingwood event - and maybe one day - will co-chair the Collingwood Spring Fair for their own children! Our Spring Fair tradition can’t continue without the support of the Collingwood community and local business.
If you are interested in a patron opportunity, please contact Ashley.