Back to School Information
Sept. 5: New Student Drop-In - For all new students and parents (casual summer dress - no school uniform)
- JK-K: 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Grades 1-7: 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Sept. 5: JK-K Meet the Teacher Evening 4:30 – 5:30 pm and JK-K New Parent Reception 5:30 – 7:00 pm
Sept. 6: First day of school (#1 uniform required)
Sept. 8: Welcome Back BBQ at Klahanie Park 5:00 - 7:00pm
Sept. 11: Opening Assembly (#1 uniform required)
Sept. 12: Grade 1-3 Meet the Teacher Evening 4:30 - 5:30pm and Grade 1-7 New Parent Reception 5:45 - 6:30pm
Sept. 13: Grade 4-5 Meet the Teacher Evening 4:30 - 5:30 pm and Grade 6 Camp Summit Presentation 5:45 – 6:30 pm
Sept. 18: Grade 6-7 Meet the Teacher Evening 5:00 - 6:30pm
Please refer to the School's calendar for the complete 2017-2018 schedule of activities and events. The School's calendar can also be found at the bottom of this blog.
Please complete Online Forms before Tuesday, September 6th:
Login and complete the mandatory online forms. If you have forgotten your login or haven't received your login information, please email email@example.com.
Traffic passes will be going home with students on the first day of School Wednesday, September 6, 2017:
Each student in Junior Kindergarten through Grade 7 will be given an envelope containing two traffic passes to take home to their parents.
The traffic passes are colour coded by grade and grade specific for your child. Please remove backing from passes and place on windshield of your vehicle. Passes will be used by Traffic Coordinators at student pick-up time each day to direct you to your student pick-up traffic line and are intended for this purpose only – traffic passes are not indented for use as a parking pass.
Parent student pick-up timing – to reduce traffic congestion at student dismissal, please do not arrive to pick up your children earlier than ten (10) minutes prior to their scheduled dismissal time. Earlier arrival could compromise pick-up timing and require parents to be redirected out of the traffic line and asked to return later.
Please direct any questions you have regarding traffic passes to Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete Wentworth traffic and parking information available on School’s website here.
If we all work together we have a very smooth traffic system.
Here are some ways you can help:
- Aim to arrive between 8:00 and 8:20 am (8:25 is peak traffic congestion).
- The gravel lot is for JK parents only from 8:00 am -9:00 am and then again 11:15 am -2:30 pm.
If you are not a JK parent please do not park, drop-off or turn around in the gravel lot during these hours.
- Have your children ready to get out of the car when dropping off in the the traffic circle.
If possible have bags in the car so that you do not need to get out and open the trunk.
- Move as far forward as possible before stopping in order to maximize the number of cars in the drop-off and pick up zones.
- If your child uses a car seat, please have it on the right side of the vehicle so that they can exit the vehicle safely.
Please have all children exit on the right or curb side only.
- Do not park in the drop-off zone above the school. It is for quick drop-off only.
- Help by using the school bus service, car pool and walk.
Please drive safely, be patient and smile as we are all in this together.
At the end of each year, the homeroom teachers and divisional directors perform a very challenging task: each grade team plans and coordinates the homeroom placements for the next school year. This is a very delicate process as we work to balance the class by gender, academic ability and the social needs of all the students. We ask that you trust our experience, professionalism and our sincere desire to balance the needs of all of our learners.
Placements will be made available on Thursday, August 31st.To view your child’s homeroom placement:
• Go to the school’s website www.collingwood.org
• Select Parent Portal under For Parents
• Follow prompts and enter your username and password
• Once logged in, click on your child’s name from the drop down box in the top left corner
• Under the Student section and in the Student Information section, you can view your child’s homeroom placement (for the Advisor Name and Homeroom to be visible, this section must be expanded)
• For your PCR username or other support please email email@example.com
If you have any questions or concerns please contact your child’s homeroom teacher, or the appropriate Director.
Christine Stuart (JK - gr 3) firstname.lastname@example.org
Rheanne Stevens (gr 4-7) email@example.com
Step 1 - Gather the following information before you start this process:
- Immunization Record (contact your local public health office for misplaced records.)
- Family Doctor and Dentist Information
- Emergency Contact Information
Step 2 - Log in and complete the necessary online mandatory forms; note an email was sent to you with the subject line: "Welcome to Collingwood..." with your login info.
Step 3 - After completing the online forms, you will need to review the following documents:
Step 4 - Purchase your uniform immediately, as it will take up to six weeks to receive your uniform.
Step 5 - Check out more information for grade specific programs and supply list.